Having a hard time finding the right power connection product? Let us help! Our professional team can create custom power cords and adapters for your unique situation. Please call or email us and one of our product experts will contact you back to help you find the right solution: (626) 242-6655 or firstname.lastname@example.org
What Information Do I Need to Provide?
- In order to find the right solution for our customers, we typically ask for the following information:
- Male (Plug) Configuration
- Female (Connector) Configuration
- Length of cable
- Gauge of cable
Male & Female Configurations
- We may refer to the female end as the connector and the male end as the plug. We will then need to determine the NEMA configurations you need for both the plug and connector to ensure you receive the correct cord or adapter. If you do not know the NEMA code of the plug and connector, contact one of our customer service representatives who will help you figure it out.
Length of Cable
- You will need to know the length of the cable. You may only need only a short amount of cable (~2ft) for an adapter, but you might need a long cord (~75ft). It depends on the situation. We only offer cables up to 100ft at this time.
- The gauge is basically the thickness of the copper inside the cord. This should be related to the length of the cable and the amount of power required. Typically, a longer cord should have thicker gauge, especially when dealing with higher amperage. Here’s a good rule of thumb: